HBD: MJB - The Queen Of Hip Hop/ Soul + Mary J. Blige & Angela Bassett Star In 'Betty & Coretta'


I am a huge fan of @maryjblige! I can still clearly remember the day I hear her smash hit 'Real Love' back in 1992...I was working at a music retailer as a music buyer and cop a advance copy of the single, and I was like "who is this!?!?!" I told everyone that I could about the jam and was an instant fan to this very day! That very same year Mary J. Blige released her debut album, What's the 411? (3x Platinum) on MCA Records/ Uptown and I have purchased every one of her albums since.  Happy Birthday....MJB!

Look out for the up-coming made for television movie filmed in Montreal, Canada, starring Mary J. Blige and Angela Bassett 'Betty & Coretta'...Find out when it airs inside...




Looking forward to the up-coming made for television movie "Betty & Coretta", starring Angela Bassett as Coretta Scott King and Mary J. Blige as Dr. Betty Shabazz; following the tragic assassinations of their husbands, played by Malik Yoba (Martin Luther King) and Lindsay Owen Pierre (Malcolm X). The movie is centered around the lives of Dr. Betty Shabazz and Coretta Scott King; Emmy Award winner Ruby Dee will also be featured in the film as a historical witness to narrate the women’s stories. "Betty & Coretta" will premiere on Lifetime, February 2nd at 8pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment