Janelle Monáe Covers ELLE Canada Magazine



ELLE Canada sits down with head turning indie artist #JanelleMonáe to talk about confidence, feminism and ambition. I myself not knowing too much about the unique artist out of Kansas City, U.S. who was honored recently at the 2012 'Black Girls Rock' event, were Janelle made an inspiring, humble, and moving acceptance speech which showed she is not only beautiful on the outside. Monáe tells the mag..."I am naturally shy," she says softly. "That's what people are most surprised by, because when I'm onstage there's nothing shy. It's all electricity. I feel fearless." She explains why she wears wears her 'black and white' uniform, saying she does not want fans to focus on her sexy body. Word!

Read more on this larger than life music artist inside.





"I started wearing this uniform, to be perfectly honest, because I have an amazing body. I’m serious – I’m not playing. When I look at myself in the mirror, I’m attractive. I really have a nice body. And I had to pick: Do I want them to focus on my body? Do I want them to focus on how curvy and really, really gorgeous my figure is? Or do I want them to look at my music? What has more value? And I made that decision. I want them to focus on the message and the music because I feel like I have a higher calling."

Read the full ELLE Canada article here.



No comments:

Post a Comment