Drake Is Headed To The 2012 Grammy’s

Toronto’s own Drake, otherwise known (I’m sure to close friends and family) as Aubrey Graham, who is nominated for ‘best rap song’ and ‘best rap solo performance’ for his hit single ‘Best I Ever Had’. The nominations were announced Wednesday night in Los Angeles at the Nokia theatre, and were hosted by LL Cool J and Nicki Minaj.
LL Cool asked Drake who was in attendance, how he felt.
“I have to say, you know, it's definitely an honour. I haven't even put out my first album,” he said. “Being a kid from Toronto, I'm just proud, man. I know my mom's at home, buggin' out. I'm just glad to be here.”
The 23 year old is definitely making moves, and leaving his mark in the music industry.
Did you know they now have a ‘Best Rap/Sung Collaboration’ category?? Drake is also including amongst other nominees. Here is the list:
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
Party – Beyoncé & André 3000
I’m On One – DJ Khaled, Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
I Need A Doctor – Dr. Dre, Eminem & Skylar Grey
What’s My Name? – Rihanna & Drake
Motivation – Kelly Rowland & Lil Wayne
All Off The Lights – Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi & Fergie

For a complete list of the nominees, see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/8927845/Grammy-Nominations-2012-in-full.html

The Grammy’s is schedule for January 31st, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment